Sunday, November 23, 2014

13

 ALY’S GARDEN
The weeping cherry with double pink flowers is our choice of tree for Aly.  Within the box hedge, Japanese maples are a favourite of mine and were chosen to replace Standard Iceberg Roses.  Our most recent house extension created too much shade, which resulted in leggy roses.  The maples love it and I have added White Japanese Wind Flowers between the Maples.  I’m turning Japanese, I think I’m turning Japanese, I really think so………..  The maples have interest in all seasons, bare stems in winter hold drops of water that glisten like diamonds, spring sees fresh new green leaves break from a red covering and very delicate flowers hang downwards.  Leaves look lush in summer and finally in Autumn the leaves turn red and orange colours which warm the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment