Sunday, May 12, 2013

Creature Comforts

With winter drawing nearer each day my conscience was playing on me to spend some time making modifications to the cubby house so that both Baxter and  Moustachio could be accommodated. Prior to this one of them needed to live in the hutch under the cubby which has been deteriorating and becoming less and less resistant to wet weather.
A trial session proved that if I let them habitate together they would exhaust themselves trying to climb on top of each other and chase each other in circles. Fortunately there was no aggression.
So much to Rod's frustration I set about attaching wire and pieces of timber to give each rabbit it's own hutch. I did not want to spend too much time on the temporary alterations so it is fairly rough - hence Rod's frustration. But I feel more comfortable knowing that they will be more comfortable.
Moustachio promptly jumped out of his hutch, so modifications and additions were needed to secure him in his space.
So now Father and son can be together, separated only by wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment