Tuesday, January 2, 2018

I didn’t used to give a fig - or was it a Pomegranate?

The pomegranate (Punica granatum) is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub or small tree in the family Lythraceae that grows between 5 and 8 m (16 and 26 ft) tall.



Our Pomgranate was planted back before I really had any interest in it. It has been brought up tough on neglect and was even partly singed during garden clean up - heap burning. But this year maybe because of the good winter and spring rains it has put on considerable growth and looks extremely healthy. 
Checking out the beautiful flowers I decided it was time to give it a bit of attention so I spent so time removing some dead growth - just a few small side branches but worth the effort.

Now I look forward to fruiting season - it has my attention now.



No comments:

Post a Comment