Sunday, January 6, 2013

Back again with a newby


My last post was in August. Where have I been you might ask? Well I got caught up in the busyness of Spring chores. Too busy even to stop and take photos. I regret it now that Summer is fully upon us and the garden is showing signs of heat stress. Maybe a New Years resolution to keep blogging every month of the year is in order for 2013.
My latest addition to the rabbit clan is Moustachio. He was born to Martha on 30th August along with 3 siblings. Saddly Martha and her sister Moo died of Calyci virus when the kits were only six weeks old. The kits are immune to the virus while they are young, but Sooty the smallest of the litter was not so fortunate.
At the end of August I had a total of 9 rabbits and now there are only two, Mo and his father Baxter. I'm so glad that I sold and gave away some of the kits and a couple of the 9 month old rabbits before Calyci arrived.
After a suitable quarantine time I will be on the look out for a female bunny to restore some balance to the gender ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment