Thursday, January 24, 2013

Veggie success

Yellow peppers - quite a few developing, not as delicious
  as the red but at least we are getting some this year.

Strawberries - need to get them before the snails and slugs do.

Tomato - Don Burke rated this the best tomato last year.
So far only a  few have ripened on my bush but there are plenty there. I am also growing Black Russian, Tommy Toe and a variety of Roma.

Beetroot - I wasn't going to grow them this year but an available
space changed my mind. I will try to use them whilst they are
small this season.

Egg Plant - the plants have been flowering for a while and I was
starting to think that I was not going to get the fruit but
 fortunately they are now appearing. 

Sweet Corn - I have fond memories of my grandfather
growing corn . I so hope that these will be yummy.

Leeks - coming along well, I could probably start
using them if I  needed to, or I can wait for them to get bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment